Gummy Counter

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Final Fantasy Influence

Looking back into my preteen age years...


My ultimate favorite and first RPG ever was Final Fantasy VIII!


This game started me on the path of "serious" gaming! I remember the day clearly of when I first opened my gift wrapped game and felt the hard edges of the game case. At first, I didn't know what to think, but it was Christmas day and we had just got a brand new Playstation! When I saw the cover, nothing struck me as familiar, but I put the game into the console and began to play it.  After that, it was hard to get me off the game!!

The whole idea of having an interactive story was absolutely mind blowing and this would probably mark the beginning my of creativity. I may have had many career ideas but when it came to my passions, it was always in creating stories. 

Even though Final Fantasy VIII wasn't considered the best of the series, for me, this one will always be my favorite. I enjoyed the story, the idea of flying mercenary schools, the use of special magic abilities, and the graphics.  I think all in all, the graphics were what brought me into the RPG era.

After Final Fantasy VIII, a string of RPG's followed and I became known as the Playstation hog and soon, my world in video games evolved! Final Fantasy is Gummy Approved!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *