Gummy Counter

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The Sims

After starting my blog, I am surprised that I haven't even written about Sims yet...


The Sims happen to be one of my passions and yet they go unnoticed in my mentions.


When I was in high school eons ago I became aware of this game through a friend. I would remember her telling me on the bus on how she stayed up very late playing Sims. At this point in my life, I was only playing PlayStation 2 games so I guess, now that I think about it, Sims was my first PC game!! Wow... he he. Anyway, after obtaining my first copy of the original game it wasn't long after that that I began purchasing expansion packs. To me, it didn't matter that the expansion packs would almost equal the price of another game because I was more interested in trying new actions or adventures. Then, once I managed to get about half of the expansions, EA introduced The Sims 2. 

"OMG!!!" I would exclaim and I passed on the first game to my siblings.  Soon, I was immersed in Sims 2 causing all sorts of mischief. It really wasn't until The Sims 3 that I wanted a better PC and eventually we finally got the internet. Slowly, my family was moving out of the Stone Age! Yes! I thought, I can finally customize my game!

And that's exactly what I did. I found the sites where people were adding custom content. I created stories and even tried to film them. And then, I even attempted to build my own homes and upload them so other people could enjoy them. Sims was the life for me! ^^

Now, it's years later and I am eagerly awaiting for The Sims 4! I think in celebration, I will upgrade my computer too! I've always wanted to because just a few months ago I became horribly depressed to see that my graphics card is now in the minimum requirements on recent PC games.

Aw well, it was bound to happen sooner or later. So, that's it, that's all at least for now! The Sims will always be Gummy Approved!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *