Gummy Counter

Friday, May 2, 2014

Video Game Flashback: Super Nintendo Games

Hey! Do you remember that console called the Super Nintendo?

It may be going back a decade or so...but it existed and most importantly, it was super fun! 

There were quite a few games that impacted my gaming life and here are some to name a few (not in any particular order):

  • F-Zero (My first racing game!!)
  • Donkey Kong Country (all the Donkey Kong's were fun, and if I had to choose, the 2nd was my favorite)
  • Super Mario World (This is a classic in my books~ Yoshi poops out eggs which hatch to be baby Yoshi's!!)
  • Earthworm Jim (I'm not a fan of worms...but I didn't my this worm in a space suit!)
  • Mortal Kombat (FATALITY!)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time (this one always makes me hungry for pizza...no anchovies please)
  • Out to Lunch (nothing like chasing after cute looking food as a chef!)
  • Fatal Fury (Arcade fighting games were the best)
  • Street Fighter (See comment above, lol)

All of these games, and probably more that I can't seem think of off the top of my head, provided hours (I would even dare say years!) of digital fun. The graphics weren't all that great, the stories were meh but sometimes awesome, and the sounds were low quality, but besides all of that, they were addictive! Perhaps it was some clever brainwashing scheme that tried to encourage low grades and procrastination, and lots of button mashing, but it was definitely all worth it when I see how far the gaming industry has come!!

Who knows what the future will bring. I'm kind of hoping to participate is some virtual reality...especially in a game like Mirror's Edge! Oh! That game gives vertigo!

Anyway...that's it and that's all, at least for now! Super Nintendo is Gummy Approved!!! WEEEEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *